YouTube Usage Statistics & What They Mean To Your Business
Video is such a powerful medium for marketing your business. Video is measurable, scaleable and can be shared across multiple platforms and channels to help grow your business. Google regularly updates the statistics of YouTube. These video consumption statistics and trends are really important if you’re wanting to use video for marketing. We will begin with the traffic that YouTube videos receive, followed by the mobile, devices, and social statistics.
- Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month
- Over 4 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube
- 72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US
- YouTube is localized in 43 countries and across 60 languages
- In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views or around 140 views for every person on Earth
- Millions of subscriptions happen each day. Subscriptions allow you to connect with someone you’re interested in — whether it’s a friend, or the NBA — and keep up on their activity on the site
Mobile and Devices
- Traffic from mobile devices tripled in 2011
- More than 20% of global YouTube views come from mobile devices
- 3 hours of video is uploaded per minute to YouTube from mobile devices
- YouTube is available on 350 million devices
- 500 years of YouTube video are watched every day on Facebook, and over 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter each minute
- 100 million people take a social action on YouTube (likes, shares, comments, etc) every week
- More than 50% of videos on YouTube have been rated or include comments from the community
- Millions of videos are favorited every day
- Clicks on the ‘like’ or ‘dislike’ button on YouTube have doubled since the start of 2011. For every ‘dislike,’ we get 10 ‘likes’- people like to tell other people about the stuff they love.
Source: View the original stats on YouTube’s Press page.