Get more leads through video! As a trusted video production company in Atlanta, I’m asked all the time how video can increase leads for your business and improve email conversion rates. Here are a 5 essential steps in ensuring your emails and videos are most affective.
1. Include the Word “VIDEO” in Your Subject Line
Before you have even produce any of the content for your email system know that just using the word video in the subject line will boost open rates. When marketers used the word “video” in an email subject line, open rates rose 7% to 13% (Experian 2012 Digital Marketer: Benchmark and Trend Report). Just getting emails opened is the first step in increasing conversion rates.
2. Use Video in Subscriber Emails
Video is a great tool to keep your subscribers from unsubscribing, especially if you use it an introductory email. In tests marketing automation provider Eloqua found that video in an introductory email campaign led to a 75% reduction in subscriber opt-outs (Eloqua, 2010).
3. Use Product Oriented Videos
Viewers want informational product oriented videos. Visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy than visitors who do not (Internet Retailer, April 2010). This means detailing your products with video will get more leads buying products.
4. Include a Call to Action
Including a call to action in your email marketing campaign can be extremely effective. This means prompting your email readers to do an action that will take them one step closer to converting from a lead to a client. If your video prompts viewers to take action, it’s only going to help increase email conversion rates.
5. Keep The Video Topic Relevant
Assess the needs of your target audience and be sure that your videos are relevant. Try to optimize your promotional videos so they are relatable, and easy to understand. You want your videos and emails to be customized according to your subscribers’ interests.
There you have it, five easy to utilize tips to get the most out of any email marketing campaign while using video. As always, if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below and I’ll answer them quickly.
Email marketing campaigns have proven successful if done right. Video in email is an essential part of every email marketing campaign. Sales and Marketers – get your act together and include them in your next marketing campaign. Here are some fascinating statistics about how video has benefitted companies exponentially.
- When marketers used the word “video” in an email subject line, open rates rose 7% to 13%(Experian 2012 Digital Marketer: Benchmark and Trend Report). This is such a strong statistic for the usage of video in any email marketing campaign. Simply using the word “video” gets people to open more email, regardless of the video content that’s actually in the email. The only stipulation is that if people don’t like your video they may be upset because they didn’t receive any value for opening the email at all.
- In tests, marketing automation provider Eloqua found that video in an introductory email campaign led to a 75% reduction in subscriber opt-outs (Eloqua, 2010). It’s definitely a good idea to use video in all introductory emails to ensure that subscribers don’t unsubscribe. It’s an excellent way to start out on the right foot in your budding relationships.
- Consumer video usage on retail and brand sites hit record numbers on retail and brand sites during the 2011 holiday season. Cyber Monday video views across the Invodo network were 897% higher than 2010, and Black Friday video views showed a 337% increase. (Website Magazine, December 2011)
Showcasing a video in the introductory email is a smart tactic that could be paired with using the word video in the subject line to keep your subscribers. With such a high increase in product video views on cyber Monday I’m excited to see how much the views will increase this year. There is definitely a demand for video, and using it in any email marketing campaign is a smart tactic. Overall, video increases email open rates and reduces unsubscribes. What more can a marketing and sales manager ask for?
You want your emails to be a direct reflection of the good work your company does for clients every day. That means putting out emails that you’re proud of, that clients will look at and instantly think “Look at what they’re doing, I need to contact them.” Here are a few tips that can easily be incorporated into any email marketing campaign.
Incorporate little details into your emails that make them eye catching and easier to follow. Little details that set your emails apart can sometimes be just the right something your email ad needs to hook a potential lead. If your emails are detail oriented leads will automatically assume that you are also detail oriented in your work.
Striking visuals that really pop and draw eyes are a must have to any email marketing campaign. Try to use not only text but also images to keep leads’ eyes glued to your ad. Infographics are fairly easy to find online, and can show while telling to get the best results from your emails.
Keep your emails product oriented. This means showcasing your products in regards to what’s new while staying true to what already works for your company. Your emails should update and educate, to help keep clients interested in your products.
In summation emails going out to clients, or potential leads should be detail oriented, eye catching, and most importantly product oriented. The little details and eye catching elements of your email ads should lead your audience to the logical conclusion that they need your product.
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a FREE GUIDE TO EMAIL MARKETING.
All you need is your name and email.
Email markting is an extremely effective tool for increasing your business’ revenue. We have several email marketing plans available if you don’t want to do it on your own.